Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Pensacon 2019. We have some legal matters to go over before you apply to be a Pensacon volunteer. Please read the following completely.
1) For liability issues, volunteers must be at least 18 years or older.
2) Department heads and team captains are required to commit to working all three days of the convention (February 22, 23, or 24) as well as early setup on February 21. Team leads are required to commit to working a minimum of two of the three days of the convention.
3) Pensacon will provide to each department head two (2) polo-style Admin shirts and one (1) all-access volunteer badge. Team Captains and Team leads will receive two (2) volunteer T-shirts and one (1) volunteer badge that allows access to Pensacon all three days. All volunteers will have access to free parking during the event. Volunteers may park for free at the Bay Center in the 9th Avenue parking lot, though space is limited and not guaranteed. Overflow parking may be available near the Bay Center 9th Avenue lot. Parking may be arranged for other venues, but not guaranteed.
4) Volunteers may pick up their badges on Wednesday, February 20 at a designated time and location. If you are unavailable to pick up your badge at this time, you may do so at Pensacon at the volunteer check-in area beginning on Thursday, February 21.
5) Volunteers are expected to work their complete assigned shifts. Volunteers may be needed to work in a different area or department than their originally assigned area based on needs during the show.
6) Volunteers are required to attend orientation (date and location TBA) provided prior to Pensacon for procedures, policies, and reporting instructions. Some departments will require additional training.
7) Please notify the Volunteer Coordinator, team captain, or appropriate staff member of any medical condition, dietary requirement, allergies, or special needs that may impact your duties as a volunteer.
8) Volunteers are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner that appropriately reflects Pensacon at all times while on duty or while wearing a volunteer T-shirt, and volunteers are expected to abide by the Pensacon Statement of Values. Inappropriate behavior may result in the loss of privileges and a ban on volunteering for future shows.
9) Any volunteer who accepts a volunteer badge but does not fulfill the stated commitment to Pensacon will be responsible for the at-the-door price of a 3-day Pensacon pass and will be banned from volunteering at any future show.
10) New security measures have been put in place by the venues for the safety of all attendees, guests, and volunteers. All volunteers must abide by the instructions of the venue staff relating to these security measures. Failure to comply will result in the volunteer’s admission pass being revoked, and the volunteer removed from their team.