1) For liability issues, volunteers must be at least 18 years or older.
2) General volunteers (not including department heads, team captains, or team leads) are required to commit to working a minimum of twelve (12) hours. Some departments will require additional hours. Shifts will be a minimum of six (6) hours long, as scheduled by Pensacon. Volunteers must be available to work at least two of the days during the convention (February 23, 24, or 25).
3) Pensacon will provide to each volunteer who works a minimum of twelve (12) hours one (1) volunteer T-shirt, one (1) volunteer badge that allows access to Pensacon all three days, and free parking during the event. Volunteers may park for free at the Bay Center in the 9th Avenue parking lot, though space is limited and not guaranteed. Overflow parking may be available near the Bay Center 9th Avenue lot. Parking may be arranged for other venues, but not guaranteed.
4) Volunteers may pick up their badges on Wednesday, February 21 at a designated time and location. If you are unavailable to pick up your badge at this time, you may do so at Pensacon at the volunteer check-in area beginning on Thursday, February 22.
5) Volunteers are expected to work their complete assigned shifts. Volunteers may be needed to work in a different area or department than their originally assigned area based on needs during the show.
6) Volunteers are required to attend orientation (January 14, 2018 at Pensacola Little Theatre) provided prior to Pensacon for procedures, policies, and reporting instructions. Some departments will require additional training.
7) Please notify the Volunteer Coordinator, team lead, or appropriate staff member of any medical condition, dietary requirement, allergies, or special needs that may impact your duties as a volunteer.
8) Volunteers are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner that appropriately reflects Pensacon at all times while on duty or while wearing a volunteer T-shirt, and volunteers are expected to abide by the Pensacon Statement of Values. Inappropriate behavior may result in the loss of privileges and a ban on volunteering for future shows.
9) Any volunteer who accepts a volunteer badge but does not fulfill the stated commitment to Pensacon will be responsible for the at-the-door price of a 3-day Pensacon pass and will be banned from volunteering at any future show.
10) There will be new security measures put in place by the venues for the safety of all attendees, guests, and volunteers. All volunteers must abide by the instructions of the venue staff relating to these security measures. Failure to comply will result in the volunteer’s admission pass being revoked, and the volunteer removed from their team.