1) For liability issues, volunteers must be at least 18 years or older.
2) Team Captains and Team Leads are required to commit to volunteering two to three full days during Pensacon. Some departments will require additional time. Breaks will be provided when possible. Pensacon cannot guarantee a day off during the convention due to the expanded responsibilities of the leadership role, but we will do our best.
3) Pensacon will provide to each Team Captain and Team Lead two (2) T-shirt with the appropriate leadership designation, one (1) VIP weekend pass, and free parking during the event. Volunteers may park for free at the Bay Center in the 9th Avenue parking lot, though space is limited and not guaranteed. Parking may be arranged for other venues, but not guaranteed.
4) Team Leads may pick up their badges on Wednesday, February 21 at a designated time and location TBA. If you are unavailable to pick up your badge at this time, you may do so at Pensacon at the volunteer check-in area.
5) Team Leads are expected to work their complete assigned shifts, but may be asked to work in a different area or department than their originally assigned area based on needs during the show.
6) If approved as a Team Lead, you are required to attend orientation for procedures, policies, and reporting instructions. Team Leads are also expected to assist with training for general volunteers on their team.
7) Please notify the Volunteer Coordinator or appropriate staff member of any medical condition, dietary requirement, allergies, or special needs that may impact your duties as Team Lead.
8) Volunteers are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner that appropriately reflects Pensacon at all times while on duty or while wearing a volunteer T-shirt, and volunteers are expected to abide by the Pensacon Statement of Values. Inappropriate behavior may result in the loss of privileges and a ban on volunteering for future shows.
9) Any Team Lead who accepts a volunteer badge but does not fulfill the stated commitment to Pensacon will be responsible for the at-the-door price of a VIP Pensacon pass and will be banned from volunteering at any future show.