To create the best multi-genre convention that is unique to the Pensacola community and that is a safe and welcoming environment for all types of fans.
Pensacon strives to be all inclusive by seeking out popular artists, actors, writers, and creators that all contribute to their respective fandom and allow fans to interact with them as well as to create events that cater to all types of fans. Pensacon creates a safe environment for all types of fandom to express themselves, free from bullying or harassment. Pensacon provides a place for fans to form a community in which they have the best experience possible. Pensacon endeavors to be a unique event in Pensacola by reaching out to the local community to create an environment that we would never be able to achieve by ourselves.
Pensacon was created with the idea of making a convention where people of all types of fandoms can enjoy interacting with popular representatives of those fandoms and with each other. As such, we are guided by a set of principles in every decision we make.
- Pensacon will create a safe, fun, and welcoming environment for all types of fandoms.
- Pensacon has a strict non-discrimination policy regarding gender, sexual identity, age, race, color, ethnicity, nationality, religion, disability, physical appearance, veteran status, or interest in any specific fandom.
- Pensacon will act with integrity and honor in all manners of business with guests, vendors, sponsors, attendees, venues, partners, and community at large.
- Pensacon will promote a sense of community in Pensacola and foster open and honest communication between all guests, citizens, and businesses.
- Pensacon will always abide by all federal, state, and local laws.
Pensacon expects anyone representing Pensacon, be they staff, volunteers, vendors, sponsors, or venues to abide by these values.
As Pensacon strives to create a safe environment where all are welcome the following will not be tolerated by Pensacon:
1. Any form of intimidation, threats, or violence towards others, whether verbal, physical, or electronic.
2. Any form of sexual harassment, including inappropriate or unwanted touching, unwanted sexual language or gestures, covert or inappropriate photography, and inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces.
3. Any form of hate speech, including any slur or remark intended to disparage, intimidate or harm any race, gender, sexual identity, age, race, color, ethnicity, nationality, religion, disability, physical appearance, veteran status, or interest in any specific fandom.
4. Disruptive, destructive, or unsafe behavior that disturbs or endangers staff, attendees, guests, sponsors, vendors, or venue.
5. Any illegal activity or act.
Pensacon will establish Safe Havens that will be located throughout each venue that Pensacon takes place. If you are subjected to unacceptable behavior, please contact a staff member or volunteer immediately. If a staff member or volunteer is not readily available or if you feel threatened in any manner, please proceed directly to any of the Pensacon information booths, merchandise booths, ticket booths, or vendor booth identified as a Safe Haven.