Between 2014 and 2017, Pensacon: Pensacola Comic Con had an economic impact of over 10 million dollars to the community, and the downtown businesses were the ones that directly benefited. Those who saw the most impact were the businesses who partnered with us as Official Event Participants. Pensacon attendees and celebrity guests enjoy eating, drinking, and interacting with each other, and they are more likely to choose to do so at after-hours, themed Official Events that Pensacon can promote. Through the support and involvement of downtown Pensacola businesses, Pensacon becomes more than a convention – it is an all-encompassing, destination experience.
If you are interested in being a Pensacon 2018 Official Event Participant, please fill out the form below. These must be received by no later than Monday, January 29th, 2018. Please include a detailed description of the event you wish to hold, and keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Be creative!
- It must be a theme relevant to Pensacon – Sci-fi, Comics, Pop Culture, Fantasy, Gaming, Horror, Anime, etc.
- It should include props, decorations, costumes, themed music or themed drinks. The more the better!
- Participants need to be physically located within one mile of the Pensacola Bay Center.
Your proposal will be reviewed by our team, and you will be contacted regarding approval. If you are approved as a Pensacon 2018 Official Event Participant, the participation fee of $250 is to be paid to Pensacon no later than February 2nd, 2018. Businesses should promote the event through their own marketing channels as a Pensacon 2018 Official Event. It is possible in some cases for arrangements to be made for a Pensacon 2017 celebrity guest to appear at your event, although additional fees may apply.
We will supply the following for Pensacon 2017 Official Event Participants:
- The Official Event and business location will be listed in all Pensacon 2018 programming, including the mobile app, *new* info guide, and program book. This has the potential to reach every attendee.
- Pensacon will promote the Official Event and business location through social media and other online marketing channels, including Facebook, Twitter, and website. Our reach is over 13,000 and constantly growing as attendees check these frequently for updates leading up to the convention.
- Up to 3 “Pensacon 2018 Official Event Participant” posters will be provided to display at your location.
- A 20% discount on any quarter, half, or full page ad in the Program Book.
Please note that the following themes are unavailable for 2018:
Harry Potter, Star Wars, Star Trek,
The Walking Dead, Nintendo, Rick & Morty, Game of Thrones
This list will be updated as applications are approved.
We are looking forward to a great convention in 2018! If you are looking for ways to get more involved, there are many sponsorship opportunities available that would give you an even greater reach. For more information about sponsorship or if you have any questions regarding Pensacon 2018 Official Event participation, please contact Kat Bishop at [email protected].